Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Thanks



Laughs and hugs were great medicine for kids and missionaries alike. Thank You! Mesi anpil!
Thanks to all of you from High Hill! You were a tremendous encouragement to all of us. We savor the precious time spent with all of you on your first trip to Haiti. We thank you for spending a year preparing yourselves and each other for this trip. We know the time you took to ask God's guidance in preparation and coming was the main reason for such a successful trip. You don't even realize the obstacles you removed by praying the team together before you came. It is hard to deal with a group that has maybe never even met one another and as soon as they do there are surely a couple or more who will have personality conflicts. It made our job simple really because you really did come as a group and it was such a blessing. We know God did his part to really break your hearts for Haiti. We are counting on you to continue praying for us and with us as we will be for you also. We love you lots

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Thank you for sharing your selfless lives with us! Your community of people there has touched my life! I miss all of you!

Dee H said...

My first couple of nights back home I dreamed of everyone. My heart was still in Haiti and even though I was glad to see my family again, I really missed my other family back in Haiti. I enjoyed laughing and crying with you and it was an experience that has totally changed my life. I will NEVER be the same again. Thank you for showing us your life and letting us see first hand what it's like to live in Haiti. Please give your mom a hug for me and I hope her shiner's gone!
Love
Dee

Blessing Hearts International said...

Dee and Tammy
Things have gone like a whirlwind as we just kind of cleaned up and on Saturday picked up our other group. I just now have a few minutes to see what's going on on the blog. We are having generator problems. The little red one stopped and we don't know what is wrong with it yet. We had to use the big blue welder generator which is a big gas hog. This morning I had to pop the clutch to start the truck and then plug the little inverter into the cigarette lighter in order to have a little juice this morning...another day in Haiti.
Love you both
Dee

Larry D. said...

Dee and Wilckly, Just wanted to thank you again for all your hospitality. You 2 are a great example to us all. I greatly appreciate the work you are doing there for the Lord.
I guess you received the money I sent through Fred for my souveniers-I sent it a couple of days after I got home. I did explain to him what it was for,but don't know if he had a clue as to what I was talking about! I did get a receipt from him so I do know he got it. Just wanted to be sure you know I sent it and a little bit besides.
Re the little girl-the deacon's granddaughter-I emailed the woman who has an orpahange in the D.R. as I know she often has to get medical help for her kids there. Am hoping to hear that she knows where to get help for this precious child. I will certainly let you know immediately if I hear from her.
We told about our trip yesterday in church-sure brought me right back to Haiti!
Thanks for all you do!
Theresa ( High Hill group)