Sunday, January 18, 2009

It hasn't been a problem for our little tropical girl to adjust to this frigid cold. She lets you know, quickly, how unhappy she is to be stuck in that crazy car seat with her coat, that already swallows her up. It doesn't stop her and it's usually short lived. She is always ready to go when someone else is getting their coat on.

She is very active as a 16 month old should be. Her body continues to heal. We will be returning to California with her for one last check up from Dr. Gates before returning to Haiti in March. We are excited about that visit. We are very anxious for everyone to see how much she is changing and growing. Please pray for us as we make plans to return to Haiti also and all that this entails.

Lonia might not remember much about Haiti and what was her home but Mdme Kiki remembers. Yes I am a "little" homesick to say the least. Please pray for us as we prepare to return to Haiti and what my family recognizes as "normal". I'm sure God is smiling or maybe He even laughed out loud to Himself with this statement from me. I wouldn't have it any other way.
Dee



2 comments:

Tammy said...

Lonia really looks great!! I am still praying for her adjustments coming up in Haiti and for her continued healing. Hope to see you all soon...I can't wait to get my hands on that little guy!

Happy Birthday Kelsey!!

Dee, your hair looks fabulous!
Love to all of you!!

Blessing Hearts International said...

Tammy,
Thanks so much for being such an encouragement to us. You are awesome. We can't wait to see you!!
Love
Dee