Tuesday, February 1, 2011

All in a day's work...

A phone call from Haiti at 4a.m. reminds me it is already 5a.m. in Haiti and there are many activities already happening. Wilckly already has a full plate that early in the morning and he calls to report some of the days activities.

Our wash lady came early this morning for his help. They were taking her grandson to the hospital because he was sick. The boy died on the way to the hospital and she came after Pasteur Kiki to come get the body and bring it back to Carries to be prepared for burial. What a way to start the day. The grandma is so close to accepting Christ. She came to church on Sunday for the first time in eight years. Her daughter is the lady witch doctor of the area and it has been very difficult for her to want and try to leave that lifestyle. Please pray for her and Wilckly as he ministers to her and her family at this time of such great loss.

Next he had to go carry a couple of loads of gravel to someone who had been helping us out in many different ways. Sharing some materials with him will show our appreciation.

Time to co-ordinate all the funds needed for the day to buy gas for the truck, gas for the backhoe, gas for the generator, food to be prepared for our household (40)+ people.

Exhausted and it is not even noon yet, people are waiting to talk to him and the phone is ringing off the hook. Somehow he found a moment to call me for a few words of encouragement and remind me that if I were there I could field some of the calls and other daily things.

I have returned to Iowa after a week in Haiti to continue to be with my mom as she heals and recuperates from open heart surgery. The kids are also here with me in Bedford and the girls are in school. Please pray for us as the cholera situation is still very real and we are praying the Lord will show us how we can be back together in Haiti again soon. Pray for me as I am here in the States that I will use that time wisely to continue getting the 2 school buses, the rollback truck with container and the pick-up ready to be driven to Riviera Beach, Florida to be put on a boat and sent to Haiti. I am available for speaking engagements as the snow and ice allow. Please email me at mdmekiki@yahoo.com or call me at 712-621-1464.

No comments: