Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Where else in the world can you live with a grocery store under your bed, a bank under your table, an office behind your door, a movie theater on a card board box in front of your bed??? Haiti, gotta love it! Crash and Shaina were laughing about the grocery store under their bed because we came and took all the groceries out of boxes and put them in suitcases under their bed. There are three "aisles" if you will and it depends on what day it is who the grocer is. We also moved the safe into their room and put it under their table thus the bank under the table. We moved the filing cabinet from the office here and put it behind their door. They have discovered that some of the grocery boxes make a great movie table to put their computer on and watch a movie when I quit slave driving them enough.

They are excellent help and a great asset to the team here in Haiti. I have to remind myself that they are here to help and then remember to ask for it. Crash has done an excellent job preparing many helpful documents for school registration and so many other things. She has already had to type several things that the State is asking for. Recently she was preparing a list of those going to "Certificat", the official state test for all sixth graders. We have 15 students that will be taking this test in June 2010. They will be doing a lot of extra studying and preparation in order to pass this. It's a big deal!

Shaina has been doing an excellent job of teaching Ashley and Kelsey. She is a God send and a huge answer to prayer. We are so thankful for her and her dedication to the task. The girls are really enjoying Shaina and school. She is very creative and they do fun crafts and experiments which they love.

For instance, the other morning I had boiled eggs for breakfast. Ashley screamed and ran after Shaina. They came back with a glass juice bottle that was empty and Kelsey close on their heels. They were jabbering excitedly and looking for things to do their experiment. Shaina had a box of matches. They lit one and threw it in the bottle but it went out before hitting the bottom. After several vain attempts of this and sticking the egg over the top they were bewildered that it wasn't working. I looked and saw a piece of paper. I said, "Let's try using this so it will keep burning." We lit it, threw it in the jar, stuck the egg over the end and the heat sucked that egg into the bottle so fast it wasn't even funny and it made a huge noise to that scared Josiah to death. It sounded like a gun shot and it was over that quickly. Now the egg was inside the bottle and the amazing science experiment of the day was over and my childeren were elated. It was priceless!

Thank you for praying for us to work together as a team. We appreciate your continued prayers and support of our ministry.

dee

2 comments:

loveroftheking said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog!!! I recently met Crash and think she is an incredible woman of God and faith. My name is Crystal Clapp and I have been waiting to come to Haiti myself. I am a missionary in the works if you can say that:) I have been to Haiti and the Philippines and am teaming up with a group to start an orphanage in the Philippines. I made contact with Crash through a women name Barb Odear. Barb knew how badly I want to go to Haiti and serve and even tried to get me on the plane with Crash and Diana-but it didn't work out. She told me that as soon as they could work things out and be sure the girls arrived and access the situation that I could go somepoint after that. It has only been a few days but I can't hardly sleep at night I am so eager to be in Haiti and help in any way I can. I have a hatian friend that just arrived into the states from Haiti-He is from Ganeva, Haiti. He has told me there is a group traveling to his home church called Living water and is trying to see if I can get on board with them. I would like to know if I would be welcome to join your ministry after my stay with living water. I am willing to stay and help for several months if you could use my help and I am more than eager to serve. I have a passion for orphans and children but I am more than willing to serve in any capacity. Please contact me through email at nhisholyname24@aol.com at your convienance and let me know what you think about me joining with your (God's) ministry. I am praying for you all and am so blessed to know you are reaching out in love to those around you. May God bless you richly for being His hands and feet. P.S. tell Crash I said hi if you get the chance-thanks:) Crystal Clapp

loveroftheking said...

I see an error in my message-I have been to the Philippines and Mexico, not Haiti. Sorry about that.