Monday, August 4, 2008





We had a great time celebrating Lonia's birthday. Alex, Caleb, Micah, Ashley, Kelsey and Haven all celebrated with Lonia. Lonia was happy about the whole party. She knew what to do when we put the cake in front of her. She grabbed the candle and stuck it in her mouth. Then I grabbed the candle from her before we ended up with an obstructed intestine complete with birthday candle. I know Dr. Gates would have me put away for good if I let that happen.

She really enjoyed her very own little cake. It was such a thrill to celebrate her first birthday. This is such a big milestone in this little girl's life. She is a crawling miracle several times over. Even when I find myself telling and retelling her story I find it more powerful every time. I also see something that many people may never see. I see God's grace and sovereign power in action to preserve the life of this little girl for something that we can't begin to imagine. It is a very humbling experience to "let go and let God!"

We were glad to have Charlie and Teresa Bownen, Brandie and Haven with us. We were thankful my sister let us invade her home to have the party. Grandma Reta was there too. Lonia may not remember her birthday as something special but all of us will.
More pictures soon. Our date is approaching. Aug.26th will arrive sooner than we think. It is coming quickly and will soon be time to fly back to Sacramento. Please be praying for success in her remaining surgeries. may God bless you each and every one.
Dee




1 comment:

Tammy said...

These pics are great! Looks like you all had a fun party for Lonia! What a Blessing she is from God...and how wonderful it is to see Him Glorified in all of this! A very special birthday...a very special little girl.