Sunday, September 20, 2009

Headed Home

Counting down the final hours at last. We leave this morning, Wednesday, Sept. 23 at 6:20 heading back home to Haiti at last. I used to be the expert packer. I find that now I don't really care if I pack or if we take anything with us but the children. Raising support in the summer is an amazing adventure that is very rewarding and very tiring. I just want to go home at this point, home to Haiti. I know you are questioning my sanity at this point and well you should. Who in their right mind would be excited to go from 24 hour electricity to trying to find just one match box that even has a match AND a candle to light or some kerosine for the lamp? Who wouldn't jump at the chance to go from living out of the van for the summer to staying at the compound indefinitely without transportation? Oh yes, and water, forget turning the faucet on. Hopefully, Bioude and Marc have thought far enough ahead to have at least a few buckets of water on hand so we can "shower" when we get there.

I guess the amazing thing I always look forward to in this transition is somehow they will have made every attempt to welcome us home. Will it be hot? Yes. Will it be hard in some ways? Yes. Is that still where the Dorce Family wants to be? Yes. We count on your prayers for our health. We ask for prayer for Christine Stevens who will be returning with us. We also ask for prayer for Shaina Ascone who will be coming with us to teach Ashley (10) and Kelsey(4). Pray for unity for us and unity with our Haitian workers as well that we would continue to serve the Haitian people. Pray for the light of the gospel to shine in our lives as we live out Christ daily among the Haitian people. I encourage each of you as you face another day in your "busy" lives, to define where your mission field is. Who are the people you are ministering to? Pray for them daily and specifically. Challenge the Lord to give you an opportunity to be the example of His love for them. Believe me! It will be anything but boring. Have a great day for His glory. See ya in Haiti!

Dee

No comments: