Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Holding Steady

Yesterday, I went to see Lonia in ICU. Kelsey can't go in there so she tearfully stayed with Miss Beverly and Miss Anna Lynn. There wasn't a whole lot I could do for her but stroke her head and cheek and pray for her to continue to heal and gain strength. I sang to her in Creole and spoke to her in Creole even though she was sleeping. There are so many wires all over her little body but truly comforting to know she is being monitored so closely. While I was there they started a blood transfusion. It's not because she is losing blood but to beef up the immunities that she needs to be able to continue to fight this thing.

We thank all of you for your continued prayers. They are very sustaining and we are relying totally on them and on the Lord's strength to get through all of this victoriously.

I will go and check on her today and see how she is doing. They may leave her in ICU but not as critical as she was yesterday so that they can still keep a close eye on her. Everybody have a great day with the Lord and I will fill you in later on how she is doing.
Dee

No comments: