Sunday, July 20, 2008

In the Midwest

Thanks for your prayers. We made it to Iowa after changing planes in Phoenix. We enjoyed flying with Southwest Airlines. No fee for your luggage!!! What a praise! Sounds like it will be more and more costly to carry suitcases to Haiti. I guess we better just start packing a container and get ready to ship it. Wilckly has been praying for the day when he can travel with just his briefcase! Looks like that day has arrived.

We arrived in Omaha about 6:30p.m. on Friday evening. We were met by Charlie and Teresa Bowen of Maryville, MO. It was sure good to see some familiar faces before I reached baggage claim. Kelsey and Lonia are a handful even if I have a stroller. They both traveled really well. They were starving so we got a bite to eat.

We hit the road but about midway in our two hour drive, Lonia decided she had had enough. It took awhile to get her changed a settled so we could travel on. We arrived in Bedford at midnight relieved to be home at last. I was met at the door by Ashley who almost knocked me over and broke my neck with a super, nine year old, wow, I really missed you a lot, and don't ever do that to me again kind of hug!!! It was worth the wait. We were thrilled to see her and grandma.

Lonia is doing amazingly well. Dr. Gates took her staples out the morning we left. It looks like is slowly starting to really heal well. I am getting better about how well I can change a colostomy bag and Lonia even seems a little more relaxed as I am not so nervous.

Sunday morning she went to church in Maryville, Missouri at Countryside Christian Church while I drove to Kansas City to pick my sister up from the airport. We have already met with so many of you who ask is this the one we've been praying for. It is great to see so many of you and have you tell us in person how much you have been praying for the whole situation. Keep it up.

Dr. Gates called and said we would have to do the surgery the 29th of August. We will leave the week before to travel back to California. Please be praying for that surgery and healing already. We have felt God's hand holding us and comforting us and guiding us gently through this whole endeavor. We are so thrilled to have such a mighty and wonderful God who cares individually about each of us. How precious to live each day in His gentle care.

Hope to see you soon!

Dee

2 comments:

Misty said...

Hi Dee,

I have enjoyed reading about what God has been doing in your life and in the lives of your loved ones. I hope you have a joy-filled time in Iowa with family and friends. Your blog about Ashley's hug made me smile. I've been wrestled "hugged" to the ground a few times by kids at work! I'm encouraged and amazed as I think about all the miracles of grace God has done and has in store for your family and His people in Haiti that you love sincerely. "His love is amazing, steady and unchanging. His love is a mountain firm beneath my feet."

Christie said...

Dee,
We would so much enjoy seeing you all while you are visiting so close to us in Sheridan. Please contact me if you can 660-799-2298.
We have reserved the shelter at Lake of Three Fires this Sunday from 1:30 on. Bring your whole family if it is possible.
With Much Love,
Christie and Family